Saturday, September 24, 2011

Say hello to Sassy Pants

For many in Seattle one of the perks or draw backs (depends on how you look at it) of living in a Seattle share house is that inevitably one of your roommates has a pet. Since I live in a pet free rental home, you could imagine my surprise when I happened upon a pet living in our basement. A random act of kindness led to the discovery of the secret fifth roommate that lives in our basement.

A few roommates ago someone had a pet, and they decided that they needed to move on and away from Seattle, but there was no room in their new plan for this pet. So a current roommate assumed the responsibility and has been maintaining the pet in our basement. I like animals, and since this animal lives in our house I offered to help care for the now not so secret pet.

The first thing that needed to be done was re-branding. Since, this animal was moving on to a new chapter in life it was out with the old name and in with the new. Also , the previous owner incorrectly assumed it was male. So we have done away with the name Morty and renamed our Ball Python Sassy Pants. Since Sassy Pants is not enjoying a life in Africa there is no reason she can't enjoy a life in Seattle like every other house pet.


*added notes- I do not support or promote owning exotic pets.

5 comments:

  1. I love how you have given SassyPants her own stuffed play pals. I'm sure she loves them, so soft and cuddly. How cute Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope she doesn't strangle her new friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete