Sunday, June 5, 2011

Seattle Men love shopping with their Ladies.


Why do some women have to shop with their men? In Chicago, the men I know stay at home glued to the TV and laptop managing their Fantasy Football team, and in the off season they play golf. I really can not believe he wants to hold your handbag. I tried this activity about a month ago before my ex and I broke up and it was such a drag. We were out and about and I thought great I'll just pop into the shop for a few minutes. There I am trying to look at tunics and caftans and he is walking behind me throughout the store. I was really shocked he came inside the store, I thought he would just sit in the car.  Maybe it is just me but I need my space when I shop, rarely do I ask for opinions, or approval from someone about my style choices.

That is why I could not help but take this photo today. Dragging the non-metrosexual heterosexual male out to the store is cruel and unusual punishment. This picture of Pat Podenski of Seattle, WA, is how every non-metrosexual heterosexual man looks while out shopping with their wife, girlfriend, or really any female for that matter. Note the devotion to the blackberry, the reclined posture that says-well I better get settled in, this is gonna be awhile. I think of it like this, would I want to be forced to walk around some home improvement store or electronics store?! N-O!

Of course some will argue that the guy may be there because he has the wallet as is common practice for Baby Boomers. However, growing up with my parents I routinely saw my stay at home Mom buy the items she wanted while my Dad was at work, and then hide them under the bed for a later date, hence the term "this old thing", when my Dad questioned a new pair of shoes or a dress. You see the ladies of the Baby Boomer generation knew you could not buy the good stuff with the guy there at the store. So again I am left questioning, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment