Saturday, June 11, 2011

Love Thy Neighborhood



One of the many things I really like about Seattle is the neighborhoods, and after 6 years I can honestly say I like them all. Sure maybe you wouldn't want to live in them all full time but you have to admit they all have their charm and qualities that make them unique.

Currently, I am all about Greenwood. I love that from 79th St. to 87th St.  along Greenwood Ave.,  you can find; Greek, Indian, Pakistani, Japanese,  Thai, Latino, French,  and Chinese. Of course don't forget the numerous art galleries, various shops, and businesses. However there is one Greenwood fixture/resident that I enjoy above all others. Lamar the lion. 

Lamar Lion resides in the "tiki" room of the Urban Light Studios. Despite his threatening stance and appearance I am sure he is pretty laid back. After all, he likes to hang out by the tiki bar so he can't really be all that uptight. I recommend visiting the Urban Light Studios and all that is Greenwood especially during the monthly greenwood Art Walk. 

2 comments:

  1. I've done MUA work for a corporate headshot gig at Urban Lights and that place blows my socks off!

    ReplyDelete