Sunday, July 10, 2011

C-H-I-C-K-E-N That's the way you spell (clap) Chicken.




If you didn't already know or you couldn't figure it out, Seattle loves chickens. Yep, you heard me, we love chickens. I'm sure everyone in the city has a friend or coworker who owns chickens. I have 2 friends that own chickens, and I've listed some reasons why you might consider owning chickens.

 Backyard chickens provide; fresher,  healthier, tastier eggs than factory farmed eggs. Backyard chickens also provide natural insect control, and the scratching for bugs and droppings are great for the soil. Can you say that about your house cat or lap dog?  Of course we can't forget chickens are fun and interesting, and the owners swear that each chicken has a unique personality.  As a child I loved collecting eggs from my Grandmother's chickens in North Carolina. I've included a song below that a childhood friend taught me way back in the day, and maybe you'll want backyard chickens.

Well C - that's the way it begins,
And H - that's the next letter in,
And I - that's the middle of the word,
And C - that you've already heard,
And K - that's the name of the hen,
And E - now we're nearing the N
C-H-I-C-K-E-N





That's the way you spell (clap) Chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment