Thursday, May 19, 2011

What?! The Upcoming Terror of a Share House.


We have had consecutive days of SUN, and if you are like me, you have been in a blissful haze. At least I was until I took the recycling out, and that is when I saw something that scared me.

What it is that now causes me to sleep with one eye open? It is a Hand Push Mower! That's right, no gas, no electric, just a razor reel and my own horse power. Now, since I live in a share house with 3 people I met randomly via a craigslist ad, I am expected to do yard work when our "Chore Wheel" dictates. For those that don't live in Seattle this is a very common practice so don't freak out.

Now that I have seen this and know what is lurking for me in the backyard, and what terrror awaits in a mere 2 weeks, I am having a hard time enjoying this weather. I know with every ray of sunshine and every sprinkle of rain, the grass grows and grows,  oh yes, how the grass grows and grows.

(shh...cue music from JAWS)

No comments:

Post a Comment