Monday, August 22, 2011

Box of Poetry


The Poetry drop box near my house. Yep, a box full of poetry. Who made the box? I have no idea. What happens to the poems left in the box? Again, totally clueless. Do more of these boxes exist around town? I couldn't tell you. In fact those could be empty papers rolled up, nothing more than simple props. I like to think some clever people had something to share.  I won't be contributing to the drop box, no one wants to read my Poe"try" because I'm not a Poet and I know it.

2 comments:

  1. So there was no poetry in the poetry box?? What is the point of a poetry box then -- it's really just a box?? How strange and funny. Is it still there? I think if that happened in Chicago the cops would have been called for sure to check out the "suspicious package".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem quite the little mystery. But i must agree, i couldn't contribute to this mystery myself. I like the old fashion way of stashing my writings, via internet! :)

    ReplyDelete