Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sacsayhuaman/Sexy Woman

One thing I've noticed about Seattle is that everyone I've met loves to travel.  I don't mean travel as in the typical midwest Florida spring break travel,  I mean South America travel.

I was lucky enough to spend a month backpacking around Peru including the Inca Trail. Upon arrival, I immediately discovered Peru is not an all inclusive resort in Mexico. I quickly learned that the spanish I had picked up while watching Sesame Street as a child would not suffice. When I left Peru I felt accomplished, and amazed at my ability to overcome significant sickness and language deficiencies.  What I discovered after moving to Seattle is that pretty much everyone has been to Peru. That's right my amazing journey was the equivalent of a morning coffee run in Seattle.

If you are new to Seattle or have lived here your entire life and have not visited Peru please do so as soon as possible. Having met so many people that have visited Peru in one city I can only hypothesize that it is a requirement for residency. Don't let anyone know you've never been to Peru for fear you will be asked to leave. Please purchase a Lonely Planet, dust off your passport, and book your flight to Peru.


No comments:

Post a Comment